1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD 230mm MARKO TSOURKAN KIRITSUKE GYUTO AEB-L

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by marc4pt0, Nov 4, 2015.

1. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Hey gang, here's another one "that I just don't want to sell" knives. A seemingly rare(?) Marko 230mm Kiritsuke Gyuto in AEB-L. This is one of those times where I don't necessarily need to sell this knife, but I'm finding that I'm not a good match for kiritsuke style knives.
    I could play with it for many more years to come, but (sadly) i just won't use it that often. Why? Even though kiritsuke knives look badass, I just can't get used to the lower tip profile.
    This knife deserves to get used and abused, not just toyed with and admired. I will also say this is one of the better Marko knives I've had experience with lately. It just feels good in the hand great weight and balance.

Facts:
    Height at heel is 49mm
    Length on edge (heel to tip) is spot on 230mm
    Handle material was listed as Ringed Gidgee but I think it looks more like Koa. It has more movement within the "grain" than I'm used to seeing with gidgee.
    Grind is Marko's S grind
    Steel is AEB-L
    I don't have calipers to measure spine thickness but it looks to be 3mm over the heel with a steady taper towards the tip.

There are a couple small scuffs from minimal use and being stropped on Jon's 6k diamond and Takashima (just to kind of open the edge back up after some use), but these blemishes are hard to see and I can certainly polish them out if requested.
    Outside of that the knife is pretty much new, so asking price is $475 including PayPal and insured priority shipping.

I'll post some pics later

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015