1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD 270 Kochi Gyuto (V2), 210 Ealy Line Knife (O-1), Heljestrand No. 24 Straight Razor

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by skiajl6297, Aug 1, 2014.

1. skiajl6297

skiajl6297 Founding Member

Hate to see these go, but need to clear funds for other unexpected expenses. [​IMG]

Photos of knives and straight can be found in their own galleries here:
    http://skiajl6297.imgur.com/

Please let me know if you would like to see any additional pictures, or if you have any questions.

For sale:

1. Kochi, 270mm Kurouchi Wa Gyuto, Burnt Chesnut Handle
    I am the original owner, purchased from JKI. The knife has been sharpened and finished on JNats. The knife has only been used sparingly in a home environment. The knife will ship in it's original box, will be shipped oiled, and insured at no cost for CONUS delivery. I love this knife, and very well may buy another one in the future.

Price: $270
    EDIT: reduced to $250

2. Ealy Line Knife - Thin Stock - O-1 Carbon, Wood Handle
    I just traded for this knife,
    (Del posted it finished here: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...finished-today)
    and I am sad to see it go. An outstanding, nimble blade, thin, light, takes an awesome edge. Can't recall the handle wood, but it is just beautiful, as per Del's usual. I have used the knife once, and sharpened it once on JNats. The knife will ship in it's original padded case provided by Del, and will be oiled, and insured at no cost for CONUS delivery.

Price: $270
    EDIT: reduced to $250

3. CV Heljestrand No24 - 5/8**
    Was purchased about a year ago as NOS from Mr. Magnus, and has seen some surface wear, including honewear due to an uneven spine, and some surface scratching from poor low grit honing work (on my part). The edge is in excellent shape, and has no rust, pitting, or trouble. Original scales in excellent shape, closes centered. Shave ready to my standard using a JNat progression.

Razor is a 3/4 grind, definitely wedgier than I prefer in a smaller piece, and 5/8. I am finding that I prefer larger blades, and just haven't been able to really get along with this one. Great shaver, particularly in those thicker beard areas. French point is excellent for mustache area and for detail work - but beware, it is a silent assassin.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to see any additional photos. I will ship it freshly stropped and oiled, and insured at no cost for CONUS delivery.

Price: $160
    EDIT: Final Price Reduction: $120

**Note - I included two albums of the razor, the original photos (on cork) show the blade after my honing with surface scratches, and prior to my cleaning up the blade face. The new album shows the razor as it exists today.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014