1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Bat Soup Mmmmmm Mmmmm Good

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Burl Source, May 19, 2014.

1. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

Wonder when Campbells will start making ethnic soups.
    Like this. Vegans might like it because they use fruit bats.
    [​IMG]

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I prefer a good mouse kebab:

Mouse.jpg

Especially if you have a good batch of Dilly Dip on the side:

Dilly.jpg

3. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

That Avadillo dip looks pretty good to me.
    Just reinforces the statement "It's all in the presentation"
    The mousekabobs, .....not so much.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

shudder

5. Gruder

Gruder 12.8 % more fun Founding Member

True story: I've willingly consumed fruit bat soup. Twice: once with my wife out of curiosity; then again on a research trip with my students because, well, it's fun to goad one's students into consuming fruit bat soup. It's a traditional food in Palau (among other places), though admittedly the sort of traditional food that folks don't eat so much anymore. Imagine a nice vegetable stew with bits of fur. That pretty well covers it. I'm told that it can also be made with coconut milk. Maybe next time...

I was given an option of having the bat chopped or whole. I chose chopped the first time, but am sorry to say that I didn't inquire as to the provenance of the cleaver.

In other news: Wow. This site really does have everything!

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

7. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I thought that first picture was what the internet wanted to do to Ben Afflect when it was announced hes batman

8. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

I had an Aboriginal student a few years ago who was fed bat soup as a kid to cure Asthma.He claims it worked.

9. I'm good. Thanks.