1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Mundial forged scissors for a friend of my Girlfriend

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by roaduck, Oct 29, 2023.

1. [​IMG]
    Just got these for Cathie because she does loads of sewing for the homeless.
    They`re a surprise - hope she likes `em.

They are not quite as good as the Whiteley 1920NP-12 side-bent shears but they are out of stock everywhere and I`m sure she would appreciate some new ones.

Rather than get some inexpensive but good twelve inch carbon-bladed ones from China I pushed the boat out a bit.
    The specs don`t look too bad to me.

Mundial Nickel Plated Serrated Edge Forged Tailor Shears 12" 30cm

To quote -

"Fully forged, black enameled handles, serrated lower blade & Nickel plated. The most durable Nut & Bolt pivot system along with high-performance steel make the 498 the leading model of heavy-duty tailors shears.
    If you need something that can stand up to years of hard work and repeated sharpening, or you simply want the best, then our Classic Forged and Heavy Duty Industrial Forged Scissors and Shears should be your first choice.
    Fine carbon steel is hot drop forged - literally hammered into shape - then tempered, plated, ground, honed, polished, adjusted, tested, and inspected by cutlery artisans to meet our exacting quality standards. The result is textile scissors and shears of unmatched strength and durability - the kind that cut more precisely, stay sharp longer, and deliver a lifetime of cutting pleasure.
    12 Inch - 30cm"

I think they are 655 grams and made in Brazil - 498NP 12" NICKEL PLATED KE SHEAR model but I`m not sure it wasn`t specified on the website.
    I`ve emailed the shop to clarify the exact model number.

2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I can remember big shiny scissors like those laying around the house as a kid, all metal. I don't think I've seen any since.

3. [​IMG]
    These scissors arrived yesterday and they look terrific.
    They are the Mundial 12" 490NPSR serrated blade model Wagner the Wehrwolf and they weigh 630 grams (22.22 ounces)
    I could have got her some 20 inch - 52 ounce scissors but they would be too big and heavy for her.
    They are meant for commercial / light industrial use in a commercial tailors or machine shop so they should outlast Cathie ! She will definitely love them.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023