1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Browser - What do you use?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Burl Source, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

I am just curious what browser you use on your computer.
    I had used Firefox for the past several years just because that is what I was used to using.
    But lately our internet connection has been really slow so not all the features are functioning. So I have been bouncing around between Firefox, Explorer and Chrome.

Is there a reason behind what browser you are using?

2. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

I use Chrome 99% of the time. I have an Android phone so everything I use is synced nicely for me.

3. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

4. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

IE10 at work and IE9 at home. I'm on various flavors of windows and have no real issues with IE so no reason to use with other browsers although I have tried out Chrome and Firefox.

5. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

chrome it links toy android system on my phone, as well asnbeing fast and secure

6. I use Chrome for all my personal browsing and for web sites developing (mostly because chrome has all the bleeding edge developers stuff), but I have almost all other browsers for testing purposes.

We are living in exciting time for web developers. Browsers wars are really hot and all major players keep pushing hard to improve their browsers. Firefox, Safari, IE, Chrome, Firefox — they all are pretty good nowadays.

Mark, you might actually try Opera. They have switched to Chrome engine few years ago, but added few nice features, including Opera Turbo — which is their proprietary technology for compressing internet traffic on slow connections. Might just what you need.

7. SpiceOfLife

SpiceOfLife Founding Member

Like Rick, I'm a Safari kind of guy for the most part simply because across my devices it works pretty seamlessly.

-Steve

8. Burl Source

Anton,
    I am downloading Opera right now. I will report back later how it works for me with my slower than dial up high speed internet.

9. Burl Source

So far I am liking Opera but I have only been using it for about 15 minutes.
    With my slow connection the pages seem to be loading faster and the appearance is like Chrome.
    Thank You Anton.

10. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Firefox currently. I've used them all though, all the big ones anyway.
    I was using Chrome but it started to screw up on me for some reason. It's been so long now I can't even remember what the problem was - I think it was just the way a few websites were loading....?
    but anyway it made me switch to Firefox and I haven't had any issues yet so I just keep on using it.

I haven't used Internet Explorer in YEARS. Don't even make me think about how long it's been.

11. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Internet Explorer, the worlds number one browser...

.... for downloading a better browser !

lol

12. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Big chrome user. Used it before I had my droid.

The payroll site at work used to only work in IE I was a sad panda...

13. skiajl6297

skiajl6297 Founding Member

Chrome on all devices all the time. Big fan.

14. Burl Source

Anton,
    I am liking Opera.
    With my slow connection it is noticeably faster.
    Thank You for the good advice.

15. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I used to use Firefox religiously. For years and years. Then tried Chrome and liked it a lot but was always suspicious Google was tracking everything I did. Switched to Iron. It didn't update as often as needed. Switched back to Chrome and it worked great for a long time and then suddenly got really slow. Couldn't figure out why. Switched to Opera but never fell in love. Now I am using Aurora. It works and I haven't had a need to change. If I did it would probably be back to Chrome.

On my phone I am using about six different ones because I can't find one that I like.

16. Safari.