1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD CATCHESIDE 250 DAMASCUS GYUTO

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by marc4pt0, Dec 27, 2014.

1. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Looking to sell this amazing knife. It's everything I love about Will's work, the handle on this guy is hands down one of my favorites. I searched high and low for this knife, and it was like a little dream coming true when I opened the box and started using it.

So, why am I selling it? Well, in a perfect little world I wouldn't. I'd keep this guy on a mantel and break it out on the special occasion. I'd stare at it, a lot. Which I already do. The only flaw this knife has, really isn't a flaw at all. More of a personal preference: I find myself rock chopping more now which is kind of not what this guy was made for. It does perform well when rock chopping, but it performs sooo much better when going at prep with speed and straight chopping. Seriously, this guy has a little weight behind its super thin edge but loves to scream through mise en place post haste.

I will be trying to get another Catcheside to replace this Gent, just with a bit different profile for my own personal taste.
    In the meantime, selling this one frees up some funds to make a few other fun things happen. Like remodeling our basement for the Wifey.

Asking $1175 which includes Insured Priority Shipping and Paypal Fees.
    Price drop to $1030

Knife Specs:

250mm on edge
    55.4mm Heel Height
    Stainless Damascus Clad O-1 Carbon Core
    I believe the handle is Iron Wood but don't recall specifically

I got this knife to treat myself on the opening of our second restaurant which was the most hellish time of my career. This Gent made it all worth it. Ultimately, I don't mind keeping this knife solely to just have, but I'd like it to find a hand that will use it a lot more than I.

And here is where I apologize for the crappy phone pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015