1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Sakai Ichimonji 240mm gyuto

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Andre, May 20, 2014.

1. Andre

Andre Founding Member

For Sale:

My Sakai Ichimonji 240mm ( actually somewhere around 235mm) blue steel gyuto. This wide beveled guy seems to be the same smith as the Konosuke Fujiyama blue steel gyutos. This knife is the thinnest behind the edge of any I have ever owned, and has a great geometry. I made about three meals with this before deciding to turn it loose and the way it cut through carrots is astounding. I'm letting it go because it is not the type if knife I prefer at work (mostly single bevels and tougher gyutos) and it is too long for my home boards, and I already have two knives for home that I love. This knife just doesn't fit with my needs. A little to short and delicate for work, a little too long home, and much too awesome to sit on my magstrip getting patina from the South Louisiana humidity. It has been sharpened once, and has some scratches, as I'm not one to polish them out. I have all original packing materials, and a friction fit saya for sale for $375 shipped CONUS

Will consider full or partial trades either direction for a hard (like microbevel and uraoishi territory) natural or splash and go stone or single bevel fish fabrication knives.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]