1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Quality Steak Knives

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by roaduck, Jul 2, 2024.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got another two Chinese 67 layer damascus steak knives - that were less than $15 for two all inc - now the price has tripled to over $45 for three but they are still very good value.
    Even though the magnolia handles are slightly curved the polished rivets follow the wood contours precisely being 100% flush on the curve.
    They shaved my arm hair out of the box and cut my thumb so I am well satisfied.
    Claimed specs are 65 grams and HRC 60.

2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I need to consider this. I've been buying vintage steak knives off eBay for cheap, with a faux pearl handle. I treat them as disposable. I run them through the dishwasher. I sharpen them maybe once per year. These look like a better option.

3. Oh lovely Wagner - I remember knives you describe in the seventies when I was a wee lad.
    I have two sets of serrated steak knives which work but they`re cheap and ugly - the Chinese ones are much nicer to me and can be used as regular kitchen knives because they are much harder than typical 18/10 cutlery steel - I should have bought six - cheaper !
    I have no room for a dishwasher in my tiny kitch but I love washing up with this !
    [​IMG]
    I have to admit I have more steaks going out than staying in but it`s nice to have the option.
    If I was OCD I`d get matching knife and fork sets - but life`s too short haha !
    I have an all stainless heavy set that will cut steak with ease so I`m sorted but I liked the look of the ones above; they`re pretty.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024