1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD HABURN CUSTOM WA 245mm GYUTO

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by marc4pt0, Jun 25, 2015.

1. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Ok guys, another "I don't really want to sell this" knife up for sell.
    A custom from Ian Rogers that I just got back from him. Ian had tweaked the grind a bit for me, making an already stellar performer even better. He describes it as "...not really an S grind, more hollow (along the blade road) with convex grind along the edge..."
    The knife suffers from amazing food release, carrots and such just fall off the blade. Always a Good thing.
    As you can see from the pictures, it's amazingly thin, especially behind the edge. This is one of the reasons why I'm selling it, ironically. I actually have come to prefer a little more "meat on the bones" when it comes to my knives of choice.

Ian has this knife at 245mm but when I measure it it's pretty close to 250. Height is at 53mm.

Steel: AEB-L
    Handle: Black Silky Oak, Amboyna Burl, Copper Spacer and Bolster.

The knife is practically brand new, again I just received it from Ian after he tweaked the grind and refinished it.
    Asking $575 which includes PayPal and insured priority shipping.

Again, I'd love NOT to sell this, but I need to generate some funds for something just as fun!

And now for some pictures of this handsome knife. Some are Ian's (the better ones), the others are mind.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]