1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Handmade Sheffield - Michael May 6" Utility

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by roaduck, Jul 13, 2024.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love budget knives as you guys have no doubt gathered - hehe but I decided to push the boat out a little bit today.
    I ordered a Michael May 6" utility knife - handmade in Sheffield, Yorkshire UK.

The specs are :

UTILITY KNIFE – YORKSHIRE OAK
    • O1 carbon steel with forced patina
    • Yorkshire oak scales
    • Brass cutler’s rivets
    • Full tang construction
    • Cutting edge: 155mm
    • Overall length: 280mm
    I like it`s rugged looks and I love real blokes knives - it`s due in 4-8 weeks but might arrive earlier.
    Some would say it ain`t purdy - but I like ugly ducklings - I don`t judge a book by it`s cover !

2. [​IMG]
    Here`s a better piccy and another lovely one underneath.
    [​IMG]

I like plain-looking things that work well - like sleeper cars hehe !
    Apparently the guy has a Worldwide reputation for quality and value kitchen and outside knives - I just found him by accident today.
    He makes unusual kitchen knives like this £150 one above; the patina looks gorgeous to me.

It was an amazing bargain as well - just over £100 - cheaper than a Wusthof, Dick or Shun !

3. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Nice!

4. Thanks Wagner - now I`ll have 3 decent knives out of erm...a lot...I`ve no idea haha !