1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Easter!

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by PierreRodrigue, Apr 18, 2014.

1. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

So how do you celebrate? Any special meals/traditions?

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I heard it was cancelled this year...

EasterIsCancelled.jpg

4. Toothpick

5. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

On my way to work now. Nonreligious but grew up in a Christian environment so I miss having a day off.

6. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Looks like Easter is still on---spotted in the garden:

Bunny.jpg

No special traditions for easter, but the grocery has had some really nice hams, so we'll be having one this week.

7. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

8. PierreRodrigue

PierreRodrigue Tactical Walrus Founding Member

We we invited out for a dinner this evening. Turkey, mashed spuds, root vegies (rutabega, carrots, sweet potato) salads, gravy of course. Sounds like blueberry, partridge berry, and bakeapple (cloudberries) pies (individual, not mixed) We'll see soon, what else! :)

9. Toothpick

10. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

We had omlettes and sausages for breakfast, followed by monkey bread, which I should, but cannot, stop eating.

We're going to have something light for dinner, I think. Otherwise, it's a lovely day outside, so we may go for a walk or something.

11. Fun time for our family. We managed to gather 22 of our family in one house for the weekend. Sunrise service on the beach....we hear it from our windows. Easter egg hunt for the kids. Did some surf casting, but nothing great - water is too cold. A few of us surfed. Big late afternoon meal. I cured and roasted a couple fresh hams. My dad boiled shrimp. My sister did potatoes and veggies, I did ceviche and salads, and the kids were in charge of fruit.

12. Catrentshaving

Catrentshaving Founding Member

Even though the day is coming to a close I would still like to wish all of you a Happy Easter :)

13. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Happy Easter to one and all.

We enjoyed the day with friends and family. Ham and all the fixings for dinner including awesome sweet potatoes and mac n cheese. Good times for all!

Blessings
    Randy

14. Toothpick

I knew no one would guess....

I had a chicken salad sandwich. I thought it would be way better than it was. It had the consistency and texture of a chicken salad paste. I like my chicken salad chunky.