1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Hoarding

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by chefcomesback, Jun 5, 2014.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

The title may sound like I am exaggerating it but I have done a stock count on the handle materials I have and I counted 40+ blocks of wood and ton load of scales and saya material . I am very frugal with not throwing any off cuts away to save them for ferrules, spacers or end caps but wondering how much stock an average hobbyist carries. Either way give me the bad news and tell me I am hoarding or give me some constellation to know I am not the only one :)
    Thanks
    Mert

2. Antonio

Antonio Founding Member

I have 30+ blocks and half a dozen scales. More than I'll ever need but guess I'm just thinking we'll be out of nice wood one day; but by then we'll probably have bigger problems...

But 40+ is SO over the top ....

3. Almost all the wood I got is here
    [​IMG]
    Enough for more then 40 handles I guess

4. chefcomesback

Thank you, It is relieving Anton :) keep them coming guys

5. my wife is going to kill me if I get myself any more wood. So I'm on short leash unfortunately.
    Would be cool if Antonio also shared some pics, cause I guess he's got some awesome pieces there.
    Yeah… and :photo

6. chefcomesback

I Feel your pain Anton, i am using my wife's workplace as my delivery address, her tone has been getting less excited lately saying that I got yet Another package in. I am going to blame on my local wood supplier , the guy uses different wood blocks instead of bubble wrap in his packages .

7. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Amateurs.... :D

Stefan

8. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I'm under ten blocks... I have too many.

9. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Don't see anything wrong with 30 to 40 blocks. Of course if you are a handle maker and just not a knife knut I would expect there to be 4-5 times that many though.

10. daveb

daveb Founding Member

When Mark and Myron start contacting you for available blocks then you might have the beginnings of a problem. Until then.....

11. chefcomesback

Dealers contacting you for upcoming good stuff ??? Man this sure sounds like an addiction !!!