1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD L R Harner 3½” CTS XHP utility

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Rick, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

I purchased this from Tom McLean (The Sharp and Shiny Shop), specifically for my wife to use, as she was intimidated by the longer knives in my collection. Much to my chagrin, she decided it was too sharp, and prefers to use a crappy serrated steak knife. So, it needs to find a new home.

Description (from The Sharp and Shiny Shop):

Butch Harner makes nothing but incredible pieces. His knives are some of the best in the world, and so are his heat-treatment and grinding ability. Butch takes immense pride in putting out a knife that is as close to perfect as can be done by man, and let me tell you - he does it!
    This knife, in particular, is a 90mm (3.5") paring knife/utility knife cross, with a blade height of 35mm, at the heel. The blade is made out of CTS XHP steel.
    When I approached Butch about making me some of these wonderful little knives, we ended up jokingly referring to them as "The Stabbers", because of the wide blade shape and wickedly sharp tip. As you can see, the edge profile is perfect for mincing garlic and small bunches of fresh herbs, and can peel as well as any paring knife. It is a knife that works brilliantly in hand, as well as on the board for little jobs, and once I took delivery of these, I immediately claimed one!
    The blade features a very nice distal taper, and the handle is a beautiful curly redwood, with great figuring. The blade was ground on a 4' radius platen, and as a result, goes through product like it isn't even there!
    As is to be expected of Butch's work, this parer/utility knife is going to blow you away with its looks and quality, but what will keep you coming back to it is how useful and fun it is to put to work.

$135 includes shipping to a US address and PayPal fees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]