1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS Mizuno Honantren Yanagiba 270mm

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Andre, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Andre

Andre Founding Member

For Sale: Mizuno Honantren blue #2(?) yanagiba

I realized that I always reach for my Masamoto yanagiba, and I'm not cutting enough fish nowadays to need a fresh edge before I have time to sharpen.

I bought this to use while I rehabbed the Masamoto after a nasty spill, and kept it so I could have a fresh edge to trade out for. It has been used, but not abused in a professional kitchen and sharpened regularly. The geometry and profile are well maintained and it has plenty of life left.

The retention on this is its strong point, this knife will stay usably sharp forever.

The knife has a d shaped handle, stock saya and pin, and I'm pretty sure I can dig up the original box from my closet

I put this up for sale at the other forum, and when I went to take pics discovered a chip. I went most of the way through fixing it and it cuts better than ever. I kind of want to keep it now, but it still wouldn't see the use it deserves.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423017644.449720.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423017697.653571.jpg
    Before fixing
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423017732.853650.jpg
    Before
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423017766.280378.jpg
    After
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423017817.477390.jpg
    After
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423017850.113471.jpg
    After

The chip is now totally invisible from the front and very small from the back, and does not affect use at all. This isn't really a looker of a knife anyway, but it really does perform well. If you have any questions at all please ask!

I am open to all kinds of trades or will sell for $225 shipped conus, others pay for shipping.