1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

NRA Life Memberships $375

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Jim, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

2. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

I'd join, but I'm not a rifle.

3. Jim

That's ok pistols welcome also.

4. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I'd rather give the money to reasonable people...

Stefan

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

6. I am not sure what to think here. I know America loves them their guns. But I wouldn't feel safe there. Everyone to their own I think but personally I am up for gun control. Not my country so I have no right to say anything. But I feel safer in Aussie land. :) I have friends that shoot and hunt here and I don't think the law impacts them that much, if I was serious about it I can go and get a licence.

7. Just be safe everyone.

8. butch

butch Founding Member

im not realy big on membeships to any place at all. i guess the price sounds fair
    as for the gun laws the problem is they want to ban things on looks and not how often they are used in crimes. almost all shootings are done with a pistol or shotgun and of those again most the time they are weapons that were not bought in a licensed store. making more laws for the people that break the laws only impacts those that already follow the laws. BTW to skirt the laws in places like balt. MD thugs carry screwdrivers ("its just a tool") and they use then as a stabing device

9. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Like?

10. Me :p

11. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

The communist party, the church of the spaghetti monster, naked tango dancer association - pretty much anybody is more reasonable in my opinion. But I may be in a minority here ;)

Stefan

12. See that's the thing, thugs will be thugs. The point of the rules is to make it harder for kids to do stupid sh!t like shoot their teacher. It makes it harder for a druggie to hold up a store, etc etc. why not ban handguns? I don't understand, to be honest that's the last I will say about this as it's not my business and I don't understand the culture the history or the reasoning behind it. But I am just tired to see all the school shootings in the news. Everyone else put gun control in place and it had results. May not be to every ones liking but I like it where I live.

13. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Honestly I liked having a gun. I don't have any now, but target shooting was fun. I do not like the NRA, but I can appreciate the desire to prevent unreasonable laws, and the mess of American politics (though they are far from alone) makes it difficult to produce reasonable laws.

Rami: as an example, many drugs are illegal and still ubiquitous and arguably might be a bigger problem than they would be if legalized and regulated. I do not think Americans will be able to legislate their gun problem away, and it has become extremely difficult to analyze the ramifications of restricting gun access to law-abiding citizens (some things will undoubtedly improve like accidental shooting rates, but there are many bad things that will be exacerbated). Honest moderate dialogue is difficult because everyone sees slippery slopes.

14. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

+1
    The NRA has been hollering about losing your 2nd amendment rights for decades and it hasn't happened yet. All industrialized nations that have gun control laws have less gun violence than us.

15. Jim

Guys the NRA's primary mission is education and training. Every police agency and federal agency uses the training programs and guidelines. Anyone who is involved in the shooting sports from Olympic trap shooting to action pistol use guidelines that have been set out by the NRA. Many people only see the political action side of the organization and do not know about all the other parts. PLEASE don't make this a political discussion.

16. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

17. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I was wondering why you started one ;) I find it hard to separate the political mission from the rest of an organization if it is so outspoken. But while I think there could be a civil discussion about the political side of it, I know how difficult this is, and I have little hope that either side will convince the other. So, I will just shut up about it.

Stefan

18. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

In all fairness he didn't. There may be members here who will find value in a life membership with the NRA (or any NRA membership). And there may be members here who do not.
    A thread was started to inform those members who might be interested in the savings. Such as someone might start a thread letting members know of a 20% off coupon at a popular website, or a good sale going on at a big retailer.

Those that are not interested have the choice to ignore the thread and move on or make a post that will take the thread in a direction that was not intended.
    Either way no one is forcing you* to post. (*you being any member on the site)

19. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Well said Jason!!

20. Fair enough point, sorry to derail the thread.