1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Shortest Time You have ever owned a knife?

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by John Fout, Apr 5, 2014.

1. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I won a 10.5 inch Theirs, 4star Elephant Sabatier on Ebay with a bid I didn't think would win.

Knife shows up yesterday. I could have sworn it was never used. Anyways, clean it up from 50+ years of sitting. Straighten a slight curve to it, shine it up a bit and take it to the stones.

I took it to work tonight and a line cook wanted it more than me.

I had it a grand total of 24 hours. I diced a whole onion with it.

Time to look for another one.

2. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Takeda 240 mm gyuto with the newer grind, used it a shift , after wedging every thing I threw at her , didn't feel like thinning it Didn't enjoy the rustic look either , put on BST next day

3. A Shun Premier 8" gyuto. had it for 2 hours then sold it to a friend

4. gavination

gavination Founding Member

Dang. I would've taken that off your hands haha. If you get another, let me know! :D

5. John Fout

I need to find a couple! They will be found!

6. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

I've briefly owned some knives, but never that briefly. :)

7. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

I've never gotten rid of anything in under two weeks.

8. John Fout

I've had a knack more moving knives in the kitchen I work in.but I also know what people are looking for and keep my ear to the ground... I'm always listening. :) does that make me a salesman? Hahahaha

9. Squirrel Master

Squirrel Master Founding Member

I bought a suien vc cleaver once, i literally used it for 5 minutes when i realized that knive was all wrong for me.

10. brainsausage

brainsausage Founding Member

I had a new batch 240 ITK, for about 24 hours. Recieved a 240 Shig the same day as the ITK, and thought it performed better. Sold on the BST within minutes, and minus any pics!

11. John Fout

Great stories gents. Keep em coming!

12. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Bought a Moritaka 210 Gyuto to use as GF knife. Parted with it in less time than it took to rust...

13. panda

panda Founding Member

dt aeb-l itk, lasted less than a week before i wanted to get rid of it

14. Why?

15. panda

panda Founding Member

i thought it was a crap knife :D

16. Squirrel Master

yeah i actually owned 3 different dt itks at 3 different times. i never kept one for longer than a month. overhyped knife IMO. and yes were both refering to the aeb l version.

17. So what do you like/dislike about them? And which maker would you go for?

18. Squirrel Master

kinda getting off topic there. start a new thread and we can discuss it.

19. Will do.

20. Cornelius Whitehouse Hedgehog No 4Cleaver.jpg Cornelius Whithouse Hedgehog logo.jpg You normally need a crowbar to prise a knife off me. Shortest time was an Hedgehog cleaver - onsold it to a work colleague after about 3 days