1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

WTS That Kato 24, Masamoto slicer 27 & mioroshi 22.5 and more

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by bieniek, Mar 8, 2014.

1. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Time to get it up and rolling. Shipping from Norway are 30 dollaros for unreg and 65 for registered, Ive sent most of my knives unregistered, to the Stated and Europe, and Pesky, Mike Davis and Len had no problems, never a knife went missing.

I have for sale:

Kato the workhorse 24cm 450 $ Great condition.
    No saya but we can talk about that.

Masamoto 27cm slicer this was kind of special ordered from JCK usually not in stock, I think they sell them in Japan but not to abroad.
    Used in pro kitchen for some months, but just as a slicer. Theres couple of things I dont like about it:
    the flex to the blade, how thin it is. Other than that, this is a Masamoto and the edge it takes will scare you.
    Made a decent saya for it.
    Paid 360, asking 300$

Masamoto 22.5cm Mioroshi deba, old stock
    One of a kind blade. Ive seen few masamotos and this blade has the best ability to polish and cut through universe. Straight and true. Awesome back. Thinner than you would expect, feels very nimble but its a beast. Used for salmon and trout.
    Made a sheath for it, quite good.
    Handle is factory.
    Asking 350$

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yoshihiro 21cm deba bought from JKI before it went Uraku
    well used and in great condition, front mirrored, bevel polished, back opened and cared for.
    Great hard working deba for pocket coins. Comes with saya
    200$

Mitsuhide 18cm flat edged deba
    Great honkasumi blade. Exciting steel and finish.
    Paid 110 plus shipping from bishamon some time ago. Sharpened and used it a few times. Made a scrap saya for it
    Asking 100 $

Anyone needs an ajikiri? 11cm blade Ive ground, handle and saya Ive made. Looking good.
    No use for the knife as I dont like to use many blades when making dinner.

Want pictures, ask for them. If theres a lot of interest, I will add pictures to the thread.

Thanks!

I forgot to mention, single bevels, usubas and short kiritsukes especially, are having my interest ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I would really like to see pictures if the Masamoto deba.