1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Treme'

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MotoMike, Aug 14, 2014.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I dont watch much broadcast or cable. I do stream and then watch whole seasons in a few weeks.

A big fan of "The Wire" and was sad to see it go. Stumbled on "Treme'". Set in post Katrina New Orleans and done by the same people who did the wire. Some of the same actors play main parts. A modern anthology series with several story lines running with the characters from each intermingling in varying degrees. Very complex and well written. Very well acted. if you liked "The Wire" you'll probably like "Treme". I know I am late out of the gate, but until it appears on the Netflix or Amazon Prime instant video, I won't know about it. One of the story lines is of a struggling chef whose came back and tried to get her resturaunt back up and running. trials and tribulations. Not much glamor. Much writing about things I don't know about but some about things I do know and find it a more true to life and accurate account. If you've not seen it, I highly recommend it.

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

I will look for it Mike. We just got all 6 seasons of breaking bad so I know what you mean about being behind the curve.

3. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I've only seen the first episode. There was a big party down the street from my house at the Mother in Law Lounge when it first aired. I think I and many others on the coast may need some distance before watching it. It made me pretty uncomfortable.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I hear you Andre. I still have not watched any of the many shows that deal with 9/11. From the frozen north I realize I really have no wounds exposed on Katrina. I visited my uncle in Slidell two years back and made a couple parades, Morpheus and Endymion at Mardi Gras where it seemed like you all are back. But drives during the daylight showed that even then, there is a long way to go. Mother in Law Lounge is featured at least a couple times. For what it is worth, the first episode was my least favorite, as they were laying the ground work and introducing the characters without telling too much of the story.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I've watched the first few episodes but for whatever reason I didn't keep up with it. Now I don't have access to past episodes anymore.
    One of these days I'm going to get internet (other than my phone with only supplies 10GB per month) and watch the entire HBO library through HBO GO.
    The Wire & Treme' at the top of the list.