1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of the new Auction feature here?

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Toothpick, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

In case you didn't know it we now offer auctions here at the KKFora.
    Anyone is welcome to create and bid on auctions.
    http://www.kitchenknifefora.com/auctions/

What do ya'll think of this new feature? Have you used it yet? Do you need more info on how it works?
    Any and all questions, critiques, and concerns are welcome.

Sound off!

2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I've made several bids, no wins. I LOVE it. Love it more than BST by a wide margin. Glad to see it here. Makes the Fora very unique.

3. butch

butch Founding Member

i think its a good thing. i need to post somethignto it to help keeep the ball rolling ( looks liek a cleaver or parer ) i know wide range but thats what i hav eon hnand

4. I like it!

Chris

5. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

You know how if someone posts a comment and quoted you you get a little red number pop up on the top right of the page where the tab is for alerts? It would be really cool if the same thing would happen if a new auction starts. I realize that's probably a software feature outside anyone's ability to change. But it would be a really cool nice feature.

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

That feature is in the works AJ, I just want to make sure its a value added to the site before we pour our resources into it.

I suggest that any vendor who creates an auction also start a thread about it in their own forum.

7. I like it too. When I click on the pictures to blow them up they increase in size but get much darker. I am using W-7; am I doing something wrong?

8. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

I think it is a great addition.

9. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

I think it would be Very cool if you could view the history of auctions, and what the items sold for

10. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like it maybe the resolution of the photos?
    It's never happened to me.

This is a great suggestion. Thank you.

11. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Totally in favor.

12. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I like it!

13. I like it, going to post a knife today or tomorrow.