1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

kitchen shears

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by MotoMike, Aug 12, 2014.

1. daveb

daveb Founding Member

Mike, On both the Helen Chen and Joyce Chen handles, the metal goes all the way around. The Helen model is a little more open.

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks Dave. Kind of leaning towards the Clauss. think I want all metal. Clauss is an American company though these particular shears are made in China.

3. Andre

Andre Founding Member

If you get the Clauss, you should definitely tool dip the handles. A nice cushion of rubbery stuff goes a long way toward protecting your hand from hurting. About three coats makes for a pretty good cushion, without being too thick.

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Thanks Andre

5. Andre

Andre Founding Member

Over the last year I've done a lot of fish fab and repeated scissor work can really mess up your dominant thumb, especially cutting through thick stuff like the dorsal fin right by the head. I actually branched out a while back and got a pair of pruning shears from Home Depot for the really rough stuff like gilling bigger fish.