1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

KKFora Passaround?

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Yessir. I'm a definite supporter of the 'talk softly, but carry a big stick' camp. Some people however, call me an overachiever...so there is that to think about :p.

2. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

I fully agree with the train of thought, that's why i bought a shotgun when my daughter was born.....

3. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

I want in 100% Cris. As if it wasn't already obvious!

4. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

I would love to try a 270mm Gyuto, I live in the UK... Is that what's already planned?

5. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

thats a BFH!

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Chris I would like to test your knife. The request for feedback on what to make is interesting but I want to use the knife you design. Design by group can be an exercise in compromise in my experience. Home environment and light commercial use here.

7. Jim, what I'm asking as far as what to make size wise, is kind of to gauge what the majority of users in the passaround are most comfortable with. I wouldn't want to send out something oddball or extra short on the heel, because then people wouldn't be judging the work so much as the style of knife, if you know what I mean. My design comes in more on the edge profile, overall profile, and the geometry etc. Honestly that's how I do my custom orders as well...only with a bit more info in regards to the overall usage of the intended knife etc.

It's looking like a 250-260x50 is going to get the go.

So far we have:
    David (WildBoar)
    Rick
    John Fout
    Brad Gibson
    Jim

So here you are gentlemen! One of these three knives...is going to be your passaround :).

[​IMG]

:)

8. I'm still not sure which exact size is going over the ocean my friend, but I'm sure it'll be 250-270. If I don't get more feedback soon on that knife, I'll just call it 260mm and run with it, lol.

9. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

half way... not a bad thing :D

10. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

I'd get in on this... But I've already used one so I know what I need to know. You boys won't be disappointed.

11. skiajl6297

skiajl6297 Founding Member

I am interested as well. Very cool of you to do this!

Adam

12. That's what I thought :). I just talked to my guy...he's got 5 gentlemen or so lined up in Norway, and then it can be sent your way. Depending on how things go...I might be able to forward that knife down to Australia as well, unless someone purchases it while it's in your general vicinity.

Wait!! You're supposed to LOWER their expectations, not raise them!! That way they can be blown away with a reasonably performing knife :p.

More seriously though...thank you for your kind words my friend. I strive to make each knife better than the last, and don't will not send out a knife that isn't at least as good...so hopefully it won't be too terribly difficult living up to your compliment :).

Wonderful! So now we have:
    David (WildBoar)
    Rick
    John Fout
    Brad Gibson
    Jim
    Adam (skiajl6297)

13. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Chris,
    I would love to get in on the pass around, if not to late. I am a huge fan of Mizu Honyaki knives & more specifically your designs.

Al

14. Today we made a referendum with my wife about exiting from Russian Federation and declaring our apartment to be 51 state of USA. I believe now I'm officially eligible to join this passaround :D
    Would love to try it if somehow one of your knives manages to get it to Russia.

15. There's absolutely still time...actually, until the knife is finished there will be time. Everything's sort of on a small hold (hopefully only about a week) while I get my new shop moved and rebuilt...then organized. After that, I've got a few priority knives, and this passaround is one of them.

Welcome to America my friend!!

I'm looking into what is involved in multi continent passarounds etc. About the only problem I can see is cost for each person who ends up having to ship to the new area. Honestly though, I'm completely ignorant of the postal specifics in other countries. Anyone that could fill me in...well, it'd be much appreciated!

What I'm considering, is making this knife to eventually be for myself. Then shipping it out to all of you who are interested in trying it out...all over the world. How cool would it be to have my knife, that I made and I own, be used by so many friends in so many exotic (to me!) places? So even though it may take some time...this knife may eventually make it to all of you :).

16. Current US list:

David (WildBoar)
    Rick
    John Fout
    Brad Gibson
    Jim
    Adam (skiajl6297)
    Al (cheflarge)

17. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Hurray!

18. daveb

daveb Founding Member

I would like to give it a go in the sunshine state. Primarily an enthusiastic home user. The postman knows the route from Pensacola to my house in their sleep.

19. You're in sir :).

Current list:
    David (WildBoar)
    Rick
    John Fout
    Brad Gibson
    Jim
    Adam (skiajl6297)
    Al (cheflarge)
    Dave (daveb)

20. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Outstanding!!! Big fan of the professional, pass around philosophy.