1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

KKFora Passaround?

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Jul 29, 2014.

1. is there anyway I can still give it a whirl?

2. Just talked to Son...it's going to you Dave! He's got a lot of new people going through his work, culinary students etc...and doesn't feel like he could ensure its safety.

Marc, I'll shoot you John's address here shortly :).

3. Cris did you see my post

4. Just got it buddy. Send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, and email. I'm sure I can work you in somewhere :).

5. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Muhahahahahaha! Those smoked briskets aren't going to know what hit them!

6. No sir, they certainly won't lol.

7. Quick question! I believe John has the knife already...but for those of you on the list after him, would you like me to get the knife back and change it to the dual taper handle before it goes on to the next person? The current handle feels pretty much like a wa-handle in a pinch grip, whereas the dual taper definitely has its own personality. Consider this a request for a vote, with the majority choice winning :).

8. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Dual taper

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Dual taper

10. Going to leave the choice open until John's ready to send her out! Let me know if you have a preference ladies and gentlemen. The people who speak up will be the ones to decide!

11. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

12. John Fout

I was going to say the handle on this one is fine for a pinch grip but sucks for when my hand start to hurt from being super arthritic from the age of 16 after a few bike wrecks. When they start to hurt a fishing pole grip is called for and the phat butt doesn't really allow it.

I'll have more info after I use it more. I only annilated 100# of onion today and a gallons of mire poix. :D Still more comments to come!

13. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

I love me a dual taper.

14. I think the dual taper would have worked well for you John!! It feels similar in a pinch grip, but fills the hand nicely in a hammer or finger tip type grip without forcing the pinky and/or ring finger to stretch uncomfortably.

15. What is dual taper?

16. John Fout

If you look at Cris' handles, a bunch of his older style flare out farther at the butt. The dual taper has the widest point at the middle- actually about the 2/3 point. and it. The fattest part if midway back and it tapers toward the butt and it tapers towards the tip.

17. PhotoGrid_1436063963378.jpg

It is a handle style devised with the help of one of my customers. The pooling of ideas is always a wonderful thing, and this is easily my favorite of my current offerings...both in aesthetics, and ergonomics.

18. John Fout

So do you send it back to me after the handle swap? I"m already sold on the blade grind ;)

19. Surely John! If you want to send it Monday, I'll mod the handle and return it so you can use it more comfortably for a bit!

20. John Fout

I can get it sent to you Tuesday or Wedenesday. Monday and Sunday are long smoke days... but its the end of my week and Tuesday Wednesday are my weekend. Like I said, sold on the blade... :D