1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. jigert

jigert Founding Member

My kind of woman! I got my girlfriend an 80kg anvil for her birthday two years ago. And she makes her own jewelry. I consider myself lucky :)

2. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

P1010017.JPG

Nothing much, just a Hiromoto AS 240 Gyuto Dave threw together for me,... no big deal, okay its a Massive deal, the handles were a surprise for me (Jim may have had something to do with that one), this is the first knife ive had that when openning made me make a girlish skweee giggle of joy,... I may have uttered the words "omgomgomgomgomgomgomg, yaaaaaaaaaa'aaaaaaaaaaay me" slightly after that. needless to say, imma happy boy (Daves pictures of it were nicer then mine, so i totally took his)

3. From the picture it looks like there are specs of gold in the handle, great looking knife :thumb

4. Gorgeous James! Love Dave's masterpieces.

Lucretia, 30 years, CONGRATS!!

5. James

it was a shock openning it up and seeing the surprise.. Id keep it on my pillow at night... you know sept the whole getting cut amd loose your eye part

6. You only really need 1 eye to see ;)

What wood did you get? It's very beautiful!

7. James

Its box elder burl,... I dont know what it is, but it is now my favorite lol

8. Andrew

Andrew Have Pen Will Travel Founding Member

I snagged a group buy, Martell-modified, Hiromoto 240mm AS gyuto, as well. These are Dave's photos. I didn't get a fancy handle, but I'm hoping to make my own for it once I learn how and become proficient. Hiromoto 1.jpg Hiromoto 2.JPG Hiromoto 3.jpg Hiromoto 4.JPG

9. James

pictures dont do the etching justice. between the gray of the stainless clad ita veey shiny line where it meets the darkened core AS steel then its perfect edge, they really are something to hold in your hand

10. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Haha, they needed slicing knives for the Mother's Day buffet. I wasn't out front carving. They asked if I had a slicer and said "yes, but it requires a $250 deposit." They weren't amused.

11. Andrew

Not new but new to me:

Sabatier.JPG Sabatier2.JPG

12. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Go forth and choppeth thine parsley.

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Andy
    I like it.

14. Andrew

Thanks Mike. It's a great knife, and I'm finding that I'm enjoying owning a carbon steel blade. If I don't like the look of it, it's always easy to start over, and give it a new patina (mustard, vinegar, whatever). That Sab will eventually end up with a 1/3 or 1/2 bolster (similar to that of a Messermeister Meridian Elite), a rounded spine, and a new handle once I gather some additional tools and experiment with some cheaper knives first.

15. Antonio

Antonio Founding Member

Not quite in my hands yet, but needless to say the anticipation is Brobdingnagian

9f68bd9e_o.jpeg 40efd6e6_o.jpeg

16. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Older blue collar on top, newer white collar on bottom. They seem like distant relatives.
    [​IMG]

17. Anton, if you get them and say to yourself "I need to sell these", PM me!

18. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Got a good deal on a Kikuichi Elite carbon yesterday IMGP9935.jpg

19. turbo

turbo Founding Member

A 240 konosuke Fujiyama white 2 Damascus gyuto

image.jpg image.jpg

20. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

that is awesome turbo!