1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. skiajl6297

skiajl6297 Founding Member

Whoops - then cheers to Anton for his skills, and cheers to you XooMG for your good taste! Love the handles.

2. [​IMG] [​IMG]

posted this one on the other forum a while back. Gengetsu semi stainless 240mm gyuto.

3. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

That is a sweet grind on that knife!

4. Just picked up a package with more expensive knives than usual for me, but from the result of a quick carrot cutting test I think they are going to be worth it.

Yoshiaki Fujiwara Workhorse 240 mm and Shigefusa Kurouchi Santoku 165 mm. Beautiful knives.

YF_G240_SK_S165_1.jpg YF_G240_SK_S165_2.jpg

5. [​IMG]
    Carbon knife by Thiers-Issard, sold by theinvisibleedge.co.uk
    here with a NOS TI Nogent slicer.

6. Got my first stainless handmade knife today, a suji 240 in VG10. All the others I have are in carbon. I have this feeling that VG10 is a bit frowned upon by the "steel snobs" out there, but I have no kitchen knife in this steel before so now I can try it out for myself.

Akifusa_VG10_Suji_240_01.jpg

Some more pics here

Three main reasons I bought this knife:
    • It was made by Masami Asai who is no longer with us.
    • I thought the profile looked interesting.
    • I think it's rather nice looking. :)
    I'm no expert at sujis, but for me this feels more like a low gyuto. Blade height 39 mm, weight > 170g. It has more belly than my other sujis so it's very good at rocking, which I think is not that common with this type of knife. The grind seems to be excellent, but the OOTB edge needs some sharpening. Reminds me alot of my Akifusa AS knives, same maker after all.

First impressions: I like it. :)

7. Like that little swing.

8. Yes, that swing was what attracted me. If the profile had been more flat like my other sujis I wouldn't have bought it. Gives it quite a different feel.

9. daveb

daveb Founding Member

From a collaboration that spanned web sites, twitter, insticrap, facebook, MTV and the Drudge Report comes the most recent effort of Harner and McClean. These showed up on the door last week. I took them into my hobbyjob where the line knife slayed everything in front of it and looked damn fine doing so. Detail is amazing. Especially appreciated that Butch was able to work a block from Myron into his schedule.

[​IMG]

10. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

11. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

butch doesnt ************** play.

12. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Pretty envious. I'll have a Harner someday.

13. That's a bit dramatic. What happened to the one on the way to you?

14. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Not on the way yet. On the backburner for a while, I believe.

15. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

16. turbo

turbo Founding Member

Love those two. And love the green

17. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Some catching up to do. Over the past few months:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Love those Kato westerns

19. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Like that Billip! How is it as a cutter?

20. chinacats

chinacats Founding Member

Most recent here is my second Kochi...still not quite sure why I sold the first one, but I feel like I got lucky as this one seems even thinner behind the edge than the first one.

[​IMG]