1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

damn! mert should have you take pics for his knives all the time! that thing is freaking beautiful. thanks for sharing. the grind looks so badass

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

This looks like a really great folder.

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

I can tell you that the Tansu I own, is a true pleasure to work with. Fit & finish impeccable, craftmanship superior, quality of materials used, outstanding, an overall "KILLER" knife. :cool:

5. My first Konosuke Fujiyamas. Gyuto 240 & Petty 150. Beautiful knives.

Kono_01.jpg Kono_02.jpg Kono_04.jpg Kono_06.jpg

6. schanop

schanop Founding Member

They look pretty good.

7. looks sexy !

8. Yeah, and then my lizard brain made me buy a Fujiyama white #1 & white #2 as well. Clearly overkill. Probably gonna sell the white #2. Here they are alongside the blue #2.

Konosuke_Fujis_G240_01.jpg
    Konosuke_Fujis_G240_04.jpg

9. Also got me a Shigefusa Gyuto 180 from Maksim. Cute little bugger. :)

Shigefusa_G180_01.jpg
    Shigefusa_G180_02.jpg

10. Finally, a Toyama Noborikoi Kasumi Gyuto 240, also from Maksim. Very nice looking blade. Tall and heavy.

TNK_G240_01.jpg
    TNK_G240_02.jpg

TNK_G240_03.jpg

11. schanop

schanop Founding Member

12. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Have so many gyutos decided to add another petty.

Shimo 150
    [​IMG]

13. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

im up for trades, i have zero gyutos right now. and i have five sujis.

14. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one. I've been looking at this for a bit now but just never pulled the trigger.

15. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Not a knife but a saya nomi from bloodroot blades. image.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Sorry, haven't used the Toyama Noborikoi much yet so I have nothing but first impressions.

It's not a bad knife, that's for sure. I like the heavy feeling when holding it, since it makes it different from many other knives I have. You feel like you want to chop something when holding it. :) Looks a lot like Itinomonn Kasumi, but this knife has fully reactive cladding.

Used and compared it a bit along with my Itinomonn Kasumi Gyuto 270, and the Toyama felt heavier and thicker. The Itinomonn glides through product better, the thicker Toyama will wedge more often and earlier in the cut but also separates better. After changing from Toyama to Itinomonn the cutting got a bit smoother but also felt stickier. Not strange really considering the geometry. This comparison was made on hard stuff like carrots and swedish turnips.

Again, these are my first impressions. I may change some details in my thoughts on this knife in the future, but as I said: not a bad knife. :)

17. WAT?! A custom made chisel for sayas from bloodroot? No words can describe the level of my envy :eek:uch

18. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Ive been chasing a saya nomi for a while and it was the same price or cheaper than off the shelf ones,was a bit of a wait though

19. Some great stuff there guys!!
    Picked up a couple more myself.

A Tansu Gytuo and Nakiri from Cassca.
    new.JPG

Only limited use with Mert's knife so far, but he makes a really great cutter!!
    new3.JPG

Again only limited use with the Nakiri from Cassca/Bryan but again a great cutter!
    new2.JPG

Still have to do a review of these and the Gyuto's from Haburn and Cris Anderson, will sort that out in a week or so:)

20. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

What do you use this for?

Someone has it baaaaadddd.