1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. hbeernink

hbeernink Founding Member

2. hbeernink

hbeernink Founding Member

had a request for better pic of the Ealy line knife, so went out and shot a few this afternoon. Here ya go!

Got a chance to use this a bit today for breakfast/brunch/lunch. Really great as a line knife - handles well and feels great in hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Absolutely gorgeous! Dammit, Dell, you've done it again!

4. Stereo.Pete

Stereo.Pete Founding Member

I love that damascus, it reminds me of stained glass.

5. Antonio

Antonio Founding Member

250 Damascus
    250 heavy chefs
    220 western

Marko's triple play teaser picture. Needless to say fit and finish are over the top. All currently being rotated with the Damascus gone under 4 heavy hours of kitchen prep; performing beautifully; quite easy on the eye as well - just a beautiful knife, one you want to display next to your family pictures but know it likes being used and "abused".

The western is a mean and nimble supper cuter at 220, it's somewhat changing my perception of what I thought was a good size and handle for me...

More to come once I have more time in the kitchen with these

Fantastic work Marko - thank you image.jpg

6. Chop

Chop Founding Member

Spectacular. I love my Marko!

7. jigert

jigert Founding Member

Great, GREAT set of gyutos!

8. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Attached Files:

9. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

10. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Well I didnt have one decent knife before... so I bought a set so my kitchen is complete. Im really done for now, who knows with group buys down the road but only special things will change that

11. schanop

schanop Founding Member

Hopefully this gorgeous knife will stop from changing hands :jump

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Sakai Yusuke 210mm, 1.6mm at the spine:
    [​IMG]

With another svelte friend (Takamura):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

So, here is the 270 Mizuno I bought. This was sold me me as used, but never sharpened. I believe it: the knife was was dull as a baseball, and had lost a bit of its tip (and looks like it was cleaned with a Brillo pad a few times), but didn't look like it had ever been put to a stone. The first pic is the picture the seller gave, and the second is what it looks like after a little TLC. I'm not going to bother posting a choil, as I'm sure I'll be thinning the knife a bit. Just have to figure out if I want to do it myself, or send it to somebody, but I'm going to use it as is, for a while. It gets very keen, and while it's a stout knife, and definitely wedged a bit on the sweet potatoes I just cut, it was great on tomatoes and onions, and it has a very nice draw for slicing. I like it, especially for $260 shipped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Hell yeah! Nice Miz!

15. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

mizuno makes some nice knives. i love mine

16. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

I had one years ago that I should never have let go, and I'm glad to have one again.

17. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Marko 250 from lottery. I will say that Marko has really outdone himself on this one. To say very nice work wouldn't come close to doing this one justice. And neither do these quick cell pics from Saturday morning. Please excuse the foot o_O

18. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Looks great Marc , can't wait for mine

19. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Not exactly a new buy, but this 165mm Shig Nakiri was bought from Maxim about a year ago and recently rehandled by Stefan with some finishing touches by Dave. The D shape was a bit of a challenge for Stefan, but he did a great job. The handle is Wild Almond Burl along with an ivory spacer and a Blackwood ferrule. My sincere thanks to Stefan and Dave for their craftsmanship.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg

20. V1P

V1P Founding Member

Very beautiful knives, everyone.

Will post some of mine soon.