1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your new acquisitions

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Antonio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Antonio

Antonio Founding Member

What is that Marc's Mario doing there??

2. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

Thats really nice,love the Hamon.And thanks for sending on the diamond spray from Marko.

3. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Beautiful! All of them are great. How do the BTodds cut? They look like real winners.

4. gunnerjohn

gunnerjohn Founding Member

Both knives out of the show (there were no boxes) were amazing cutters. The little gyuto was first tasked with some seared top sirloin at Mame the evening after the show and the Nakiri was a terror on some Italian Browns Monday night. After it was touched with a King 6000 it became even sharper. The thinness of the blades allows little to no resistance with anything I've cut with them. The patina the 1095 is going to develop over time will be gorgeous too. Here is a picture after the Nakiri's swath was cut.
    [​IMG]

5. CB1968

CB1968 Founding Member

david gyuto 2.jpg david gyuto 1.jpg david gyuto 5.jpg david gyuto 6 choil.jpg
    Tilman Leder

6. Stereo.Pete

Stereo.Pete Founding Member

I love that Tilman!

7. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

Yes, that is snazzy

8. Gorgeous, all of them!

9. hbeernink

hbeernink Founding Member

10. gunnerjohn

Three from the Seattle show. Red handle Wilburn Chef for me, D handle damascus small gyuto for my wife and the 320 Suji from Marko to round out the weekend. A quick picture tonight with more to come later. [​IMG]

11. Great scores John. Who made the small one? I really like that profile.

12. gunnerjohn

[​IMG]
    The Small one is a Wilburn Damascus that my wife fell in love with. It's hers, not mine... sniff sniff... Oh yeh... I got the other Wilburn and that incredible Tsourkan 320 Suji.

13. They're all gorgeous blades. That Suji looks ready for battle, it's a beast lol.

14. Birnando

Birnando Founding Member

I bought this one today.
    A Shigefusa Kitaeji Gyoto.
    I was supposed to pick it up myself at the JNS gathering this weekend, but have to partake in a search out west for an old friend that went missing last fall...
    So, I'll be eagerly awaiting the courier at home instead.

In the meantime I have these pics that Maksim sent me to enjoy Shig-2.jpg Shig-3.jpg Shig-1.jpg

15. gunnerjohn

16. Wow... that is a very nice Shig.

And good luck with the search.

17. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

I love the choil shot of that shig. Nice knife.

18. Huw

Huw Founding Member

Dave started a thread for this, but I'll post it here as its a new one for me.
    [​IMG]

19. Congrats, if you don't mind me asking what happened to it?

20. Huw

Huw Founding Member

I bought it like that