1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Wet Shaving?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by PierreRodrigue, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

Yup! I still have Kai, Feather, Derby, Sharp, Personna Platinum Red and Gillette 7 OClock Sharp Edge(Yellow Box) from my sampler pack.

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

I hit the SE jackpot at an antique store last week. No man left behind!

3. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Finally got a good DE blade shave!

I bought a Penn SE razor a few weeks ago but did not know that they took a special blade. GEM Persona blades don't fit.

So I snapped a Feather DE blade in half and it mostly fit. The ears stick out the side and I had to eyeball where the edge should be relative to the safety bar. There is just enough metal on the blade to tighten the handle and hold it in place. It will rotate a little but since you aren't supposed to use a lot of pressure it was mostly a none issue.

And it worked!

4. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

I get to try a variety of blades starting now thanks to the generosity of @Toothpick. I will be sure to share my thoughts on those he sent me.

5. Toothpick

Enjoy!

6. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

Tried the Sharp brand blade for 2 shaves now, pretty good! Got one of my smoothest DE shaves yet with it, used the SRD Lavender soap. A few weepers on the neck and I sliced a bump on my face I keep re opening, but it was nearly BBS except for the area with the bleeding bump!

7. Toothpick

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405210908.157098.jpg

Razor AD hit me hard recently. I forgot these were coming until I opened the box.
    Merkur 37C
    Micromatic SE and G-Bar SE

8. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Nice Jason. Looks like you will be knocking down that beard in short order.

9. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

You seem to have some SEAD :)

10. Toothpick

The beard is crying! Actually I've been shaving for a few months now. The beard went bye bye awhile ago. And I haven't used an SE since last year sometime. The razors are still inexpensive and readily available. Just adding to my collection.

11. Toothpick

12. Taz575

Taz575 Founding Member

13. Jim

You have a few winners in there Taz! None look burned up & they all should clean up nicely.

14. Toothpick

Way to go Taz!

I've been burning the bridge at both ends with ebay this past week.

I was the high bidder on this tonight. Didn't think I'd win. I felt the price was reasonable. I gotta replace the dern glass tho. That's going to be tough.
    image.jpg

15. Jim

16. Toothpick

17. Toothpick

18. ok, post all the links and we'll see if we can help you :D

19. Toothpick

HA! I'll give you a hint....
    Wet shaving

20. ok… searching for "Wet shaving". 607 results. Filtering for auctions only. 44 results. And only 3 items has bids counter bigger then zero. Either I'm a genius or you have misinformed me :)