1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Wet Shaving?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by PierreRodrigue, Feb 17, 2014.

1. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

you know i don't think I've ever tried valobra, i do have a stick of Palmolive here ill be using for the first time tomorrow

2. James

in Canada at Italian barber the 5kg is 60 or a 150g is 15 bucks CAD

3. James

lol usually everything is more expensive in canada, but i bet its even cheaper in the States

4. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I think I am in love....with GFT coconut shaving cream. I used to think most soaps were created relatively similar, with a few changes in scent and smoothness....but man was I wrong....this stuff is the bomb.

5. James

have you discovered Mitchell's wool fat yet ?

6. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I didn't like MWF. Now MWF mixed with the old formula proraso green was pretty nice. So much YMMV...

7. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Yes, tried that one, but felt it dried my skin out too much.

8. MattS

MattS Founding Member

It is going to take me a bit to get used to how much to use of the GFT, for those of you who use it, how much product do you use/shave....I just barely dipped my brush and it seemed enough, but maybe more will be a better shave?

9. Only been doing this a month but will never go back. I tied a de86 first but had to move to a more aggressive razor. Now using an att r2

Have a variety of soaps and creams and haven't really found a favorite yet. Getting a high quality brush really made a difference in my ability to face lather. Was night and day just by switching brushes.

10. James

Should be slick and creamy, and not break down as you shave. if you have it in your hand it should have a bit of a pearlescent sheen to it, and most importantly you should enjoy every bit of it,... if you have that then you did it right

11. James

brushes can be quite the rabbit hole,... btw how you fixed for Fountain Pens

12. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Well played @James.... Is MWF all its made out to be by most? I have to try it I think.

13. James

it's not as difficult to lather that a lot claim, i love the shave it gives but then i feel that way about a lot of soaps (cade, DR Harris, and others)

it's good stuff though

14. MattS

MattS Founding Member

If you want, Pm me you addy and I will send you my puck.....albeit used a few times....

15. James

i need to go shave now lol cause i havent used MWF for a while

16. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

For sure! PM incoming Man I love this place!

17. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

I picked up a sample of the fat and it lasted a long while. Granted I've only ever finished two tubs of proraso and a tub of tobs sandalwood. I haven't refilled either, just replaced with other soaps

18. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Any of you gents us a stropping compound on your strops for razors...or just plain leather?

Is a .5 micron cromium oxide equitable to a .5 diamond?

Thinking about putting CO on my hanging strop, but not sure if it will do anything..